I bought a care from Sullivan-Parkhill in Champaign Illinois , I had to deal with George Longfellow , Kelly in finance and David Parkhill (owner).During paperwork Kelly told me finance company requires me to take gap insurance , and a warranty on car , when I added car on my insurance , I asked my agent to give me total price pay out would be if I was to crash car. My agent said insurance would pay out $535.00 more then I owed.So I called dealer and Kelly said again if you dont take gap insurance we can't sell you the car , I called the finance company and spoke to 3 different people which all said the same thing gap insurance is optional and we don't require you to have it.So I called to speak with the owner David Parkhill (called three times left message he never returned call until 4th call) , after 4th call my message was not so nice I stated I am a customer and would like a call back about issue his reply was , if you don't want gap insurance bring the car back , then I spoke to George longfellow , and he changed the story and stated the dealer requires gap insurance to protect their investment , I replied with once finance company sends you check you are done with it why are you changing story , George replied with if you don't want gap insurance you need to bring car back , so that is exactly what I did , These people are liars and thieves , I went to Shelby motors and bought a car after this.

Had an Experience with Sullivan Parkhill?

Comments

No actually finance company told me they did not require it , only sullivan when I spoke to owner mr sullivan and asked for explanation his reply was if you don't want gap insurance bring car back so I did.

Ive bought over 4 cars here and never had an issue with anything and this sounds wrong.My only thoughts are that it was a lease and if that's the case you are required to get gap and yes it does cover the bank.

Ifibd it difficult to believe that the dealership would spoil a deal over this, they only make maybe a hundred bucks at max on it.Sorry for your experience but I'm one very happy customer and I'd go back again and again.